Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sunshine state of mind

So the 23rd of August is the day I move back to Florida.

Excited? Yeah. It's something new and while I've had a good time in Boone and met lots of good people, the place is driving me insane.

It's small. I don't have a car. The farthest I've been out of town since Christmas is Winston-Salem. There's really not much to do but drink, watch other people fight and fuck.

It won't be long before I hate living in Jacksonville but there's some amenities that'll sustain my excitement for awhile:

1) decent book stores
2) can actually see things like CLERKS 2 and THE OMEN if I really wanted to
3) Ye ol' dog track.
4) The San Marco Theater is showing midnight shows
5) The Melvins and Hank III are coming
6) The Fest in Gainesville is coming up
7) Ye ol' dog track
8) Getting my car on the road and actually being able to travel to such far-flung
places like Atlanta and Mobile (Carson and Cat, I'll be there soon. Just letting
you know).
9) Hanging out with my parents and helping them out. They ain't getting any younger.
10) The pup has a fenced-in yard and a pool to wade in
11) Ye ol' dog track

Kenny says we're going to go fishing too but he's been saying that for years. I'll believe it when my line's in the water.

I've spent a lot of time doing absolutely nothing with my life and figure it's probably because I'm undereducated and overly schnockered most of the time. I haven't been drinking much lately and it's probably because (a) I'm broke and (b) I really don't care to.

Last summer, I was drinking a lot. It seemed DJ Piss was over every night getting drunk with me (drinking my beer) and every day around 2pm I'd wake up with the worst fucking hangover. Things got better when I met Selina, but like Husker Du said, everything falls apart.

Drinking less and less though has made me dread the hangover more and more. Enough that sometimes I just say, fuck it, I ain't drinking. Getting older and not having much to show for it kind of does that to you.

But as soon as I make something of myself here in the next few years, I'm tying it back on.

Life is way too short to stay sober forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home